20 Fenchurch Street
London EC3M 3BY
Miguel is a Senior Associate in the London office and a member of the Mergers & Acquisitions and Capital Markets practice group. He focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions and strategic joint ventures. He also has experience advising issuers and underwriters on a variety of debt and equity capital markets transactions. A native of The Bahamas, Miguel has been resident in London since 2014.
Earlier in his career, Miguel served as a Judicial Clerk for then-Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of The Bahamas, Sir Michael Barnett and interned at the Central Bank of The Bahamas in the Banking Regulation Department, where he assisted with the development of the stress test recommended by Basel II for determining the capital adequacy and risk profile of domestic commercial banks.
The following is a list of representative matters in which Miguel has assisted.
- University of Oxford, Christ Church College, MSc. Law and Finance (Distinction), 2020
- Harvard University, LL.M. Corporate Law and Governance, 2014
- University of Cambridge, Trinity College, LL.B. Commercial Law (Double-First), 2013
- Queen’s University, Kingston, Canada, M.A. in Economics, 2011
- Queen’s University, Kingston, Canada, BAH in Economics, 2010
- Solicitor in the Senior Courts of England and Wales
- New York