Supporting the Communities in Which We Live
Connecting with our communities is an important aspect of our firm culture. Vinson & Elkins lawyers and staff across the globe volunteer at charitable organizations and contribute their time, finances, and personal efforts to make a positive impact on those in need.
Whether it is sponsoring fun runs benefiting cancer research, supporting the opera, contributing to the United Way, or mentoring underserved youth, Vinson & Elkins touches a number of vital areas in our communities. V&E lawyers and firm personnel also serve on boards and in leadership roles of more than 200 charitable, educational, religious, arts, minority, children’s, governmental, and professional organizations.
We are passionate about using our talents and resources to give back.
- Counsel - AntitrustWashington
V&E encourages and champions my involvement in numerous community activities and organizations. When I joined the young professional leadership at a major art gallery, V&E supported me by sponsoring the gallery’s art education and global cultural diplomacy initiatives. When I suggested we partner with a local organization that provides meals, mental health services and housing advocacy to DC’s chronically homeless residents, V&E sponsored a team of lawyers to prepare and serve food. And when I introduced my office to a childhood friend who is a veteran, wounded warrior and board member of a nationwide veterans’ organization, V&E agreed to launch Casino Night – a now annual fundraiser benefiting Team Red White & Blue. Each year, Casino Night raises enough money to fund a Team RWB chapter for an entire year. I am immensely grateful to belong to a firm that makes community engagement – and my own passions – such a priority.
V&E in Community
- 500+Charitable and Arts Organizations Supported
- $2MGiven to Charity Annually
- 1/5Lawyers Actively Involved in the Community
- Press ReleaseSeptember 13, 2021
- Rankings & AwardsSeptember 10, 2021
- Press ReleaseSeptember 9, 2021
- Rankings & AwardsJuly 27, 2021
- InsightSeptember 13, 2021
- Biden Administration Issues COVID-19 Action Plan, Including Vaccination Mandates for Federal ContractorsInsightSeptember 10, 2021