- About Us
A Legacy of Championing Our Clients' Success
At Vinson & Elkins, our people are our strongest asset. Collaborating seamlessly across 12 offices worldwide, we provide outstanding client service. Our lawyers are committed to excellence, offering clients experience in handling their transactions, investments, projects and disputes across the globe.
Established in Houston in 1917 by William A. Vinson and James A. Elkins, the firm’s time-tested role as trusted advisor has made V&E a go-to law firm for many of the world’s leading businesses, especially in the energy and finance industries. We bring competitive strength, insight and know-how to guide our clients through their most complex transactions and litigation.
We also believe in the value of giving back. At V&E, we are deeply committed to empowering our communities through pro bono work for the underserved, devoting significant time and resources to those who cannot afford legal services. We also support the communities in which we live and serve through hundreds of local charitable, educational and cultural organizations.
For 100 years, V&E’s innovative and entrepreneurial spirit has helped attract the diverse talent necessary to shape the face of business across the globe. Our rich heritage and inclusive culture inspires us, and gives us an adept understanding of your most sophisticated legal issues.
- Energy EvolutionJune 16, 2020
- Vinson & Elkins Strengthens Restructuring Practice with Addition of Partner George Howard in New YorkPress ReleaseJune 15, 2020
- Rankings & AwardsApril 23, 2020
- V&E+May 28, 2020
- Coronavirus: Preparation & ResponseApril 16, 2020
- V&E+April 8, 2020
- ~700Lawyers Around the Globe
- 159Chambers Individual Lawyer Rankings in 2019
- 500+Charitable and Arts Organizations Supported
- 32K+2019 Pro Bono Hours Across Our Communities
Our HistoryView Timeline
A century ago, two ambitious men from small towns in Texas came together to create a partnership that would endure for a hundred years and counting.