Our Technology Transactions team is a cross-section of our intellectual property and corporate practices and includes attorneys who devote 100% of their practices to technology and commercial transactions, combining vast transactional experience with a deep understanding of the critical legal and technical aspects of intellectual property rights.
Working alongside our colleagues in specialty areas such as M&A, Venture Capital, Private Equity, Intellectual Property, Tax, Finance, Capital Markets, and Energy Transactions, we provide a full range of integrated services to clients developing and selling technology, offering technology-enabled services or using technology in any industry to improve operations or better serve their customers.
Our representative technology and commercial transactions experience includes:
- IP and technology assessments and agreements for M&A and financing transactions
- Strategic IP and technology transactions counseling
- License agreements for software (cloud and on-premise), patents, trademarks, copyrights and other IP and technology assets
- Joint ventures, strategic alliances and joint development agreements
- Managed service provider and outsourcing agreements
- Distribution, marketing, and reseller agreements
- Manufacturing (OEM/ODM) and supplier agreements
- Maintenance, service, and support arrangements
- Open source software counseling and assessments
- Software audit and compliance matters and settlement agreements related to technology disputes
Our Technology Transactions team represents a broad spectrum of technology-based companies across a variety of industries, including artificial intelligence, clean technology, cloud computing, consumer products, cybersecurity, digital media, ecommerce, education, electronics, energy, fintech, gaming, hardware, internet of things, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, semiconductors, social networking, software, sports, surveillance, and transportation. Client service is paramount to our team, whether we’re assisting a global public company or a new startup. We offer high-quality and practical advice to meet our clients’ objectives.
- CLE EventSeptember 24, 2020
- V&E+August 14, 2020
- V&E+August 10, 2020