Providing Support to Thrive at V&E
At Vinson & Elkins, we are invested in the wellbeing of our people and take a holistic approach to providing resources and benefits. We have a culture and work environment where attorneys and business professionals are able to develop their full potential, work productively and creatively, build positive relationships, cope with the stresses of life, and make meaningful contributions to the work we do supporting our clients. When we think of wellbeing, we prioritize physical, emotional, financial, social, and career wellness as critical elements to thriving and growing.
We have a myriad of offerings to support the overall wellbeing of our people – from robust benefits and insurance plans, family planning services, flexible working, financial planning programs, fitness and gym memberships, online learning paths, meditation and mindfulness tools, and more.
Click below to view some of our comprehensive benefits package and resources:
- Group medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug insurance plan
- Health savings account and flexible spending plans
- Virtual doctor care
- Ergonomic assessments
- Free access to onsite fitness centers in some offices and discounts to gym facilities in many locations
- Onsite health screenings and flu shots
- Wellness incentive program – Rewards healthy choices with credit on medical plan monthly premium plus gift code incentives
- Personal coaching
- CPR training
- Talent/Diversity Lead partners in each practice group
- Attorney development professionals for associates – Members of V&E’s Talent team are embedded in each practice group, collaborating with Practice Group Leaders, Talent/Diversity Leads, and other practice support professionals to enhance the overall associate experience
- Associate one-on-one coaching – For overall career and professional development
- Live and on-demand learning and development programs
- Feedback initiatives and development planning
- Formal mentoring programs
- Paid holidays and time away from work
- Flexible and remote work opportunities
- Leaves of absence – Generous, gender-neutral paid parental leave; family leave; bereavement leave; sabbaticals
- Adoption Reimbursement Policy
- Digital health platform for reproductive and family health support
- Parent resource groups and forums, new parent mentoring, family-friendly events
- Breast milk shipping for nursing mothers
- Backup child and elder care
- Affinity groups – Offer community building, business development, and social opportunities; includes ally participation
- Community service projects and pro bono opportunities
- Calm App – Free subscription to the #1 app for mental fitness, meditation and focus, sleeping, and stress reduction
- On-demand, interactive learning to address mental health awareness and advocacy in the workplace
- Employee assistance program with eight free confidential counseling sessions with therapist or coach – In-person or via live messaging or video
- Interactive online source to self-assess risk for depression, discover ways of dealing with emotions, and access to information and tools
- Competitive salary and discretionary bonuses
- Transportation / parking allowance
- 401k retirement plans
- Life insurance, and short- and long-term disability insurance
- 529 college investment funds
- Tuition reimbursement
- Retirement and tax planning workshops
- Employee discounts and tickets
- Smartphone stipend and wireless data plan reimbursement
Vinson & Elkins also regularly partners with external experts and coaches for presentations on topics such as mindfulness, substance abuse, building confidence, stress management and resilience, time management, negotiation skills, equity and inclusion, supporting children’s mental wellbeing, financial planning, understanding Social Security, and more. Additionally, V&E is a signatory of the American Bar Association’s Well-Being Pledge, deepening the Firm’s commitment to supporting all aspects of mental health in the legal profession.
We believe in fully supporting our lawyers and business professionals with a range of resources, and by fostering connections and collaboration, and creating a culture of transparency and belonging. It’s how we operate across the firm and retain the best talent in the industry.
The offerings listed above may vary by position, full/part-time employment status, and office location.
The Transparency in Coverage final rules require certain group health plans to disclose on a public website information regarding in-network provider rates and historical out-of-network allowed amounts and billed charges for covered items and services in two separate machine-readable files (MRFs). Use this link to access these MRFs. The MRFs are formatted to allow researchers, regulators and application developers to access and analyze data more easily.