2200 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Suite 500 West
Washington, DC 20037
Melan’s practice focuses on energy regulation before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission. He assists pipeline companies and shippers in regulatory and litigation matters, including rate regulation, compliance with FERC regulations, certificate matters, and Section 3 authorizations for the export of natural gas. Melan also assists clients in the negotiation of various agreements related to the production, gathering, transportation, and storage of natural gas and liquid hydrocarbons as well as agreements related to the sale or acquisition of natural gas and liquids assets.
Prior to joining V&E, Melan worked at a national law firm where he assisted electric utilities, cooperatives, and local distribution companies on a variety of FERC matters, including open-access transmission service, cost-of-service and formula transmission rates, Regional Transmission Organization issues, and acquisition authorizations.
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 2015 (Associate Editor, Michigan Journal of International Law)
- University of Michigan, B.A., with high honors, 2012
- Judicial Intern to the Honorable Gerald E. Rosen, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, Summer 2013
- District of Columbia
- New York (inactive)
- Gujarati (proficient)
- Spanish (proficient)
- Deals & CasesJuly 6, 2020
- Deals & CasesFebruary 21, 2020
- Deals & CasesOctober 8, 2018
- Deals & CasesAugust 6, 2018