20 Fenchurch Street
London EC3M 3BY
Dan has significant experience advising private equity funds, special situations funds, state owned investment funds, infrastructure funds and alternative credit and capital providers in relation to public and private mergers and acquisitions, distressed transactions, joint ventures, buyouts, venture capital transactions and general corporate law matters. Dan’s practice has a particular focus on complex cross-border and private equity transactions in emerging markets. Dan has worked extensively on matters throughout CEE, CIS, Asia, Africa and Latin America.
Dan has previously spent time on secondment to a large global private equity fund and spent two years living in Silicon Valley assisting a range of start-up businesses, private investors and venture capital and private equity funds.
- University of Otago, Bachelor of Laws, 2006
- University of Otago, Bachelor of Economics, 2006
- University of Auckland, Master of Law (LL.M) (Honors), 2007
- Admitted as Barrister and Solicitor, High Court of New Zealand, 2007
- Admitted to Practice: Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales
Prior to joining Vinson & Elkins, Daniel was a member of the private equity team at a London magic circle law firm. In 2010, Daniel spent six months on secondment to a large London based global private equity fund. Most recently, Daniel worked closely with various start-ups and venture capital funds in Silicon Valley.