200 West 6th Street
Austin, Texas 78701
Will is a member of the Firm’s Complex Commercial Litigation group. He represents companies, directors, and officers in shareholder litigation and mergers and acquisitions-related disputes in the courts of the State of Delaware. He also represents defendants in class action suits brought under the federal securities laws and in shareholder derivative suits in courts across the country.
Will graduated from the University of Texas School of Law in 2017. He served as a law clerk to The Honorable Barbara M.G. Lynn, Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas.
(Del. Ch.) – Obtained post-trial judgment in favor of defendants in a class action lawsuit alleging that a midstream MLP’s general partner had breached its duties when agreeing to merge the MLP with an affiliated energy company. Dieckman v. Regency GP LP, 2021 WL 537325, Feb. 15, 2021
(Del. Ch.) – Member of trial team in action related to termination of merger agreement in $37+ billion transaction between two energy companies
(Del. Super. Ct.) – Defended beverage company against tortious interference claim relating to an acquisition, which was settled shortly before trial
(E.D. Pa.) – Defending energy company and its executives in unitholder class action alleging violations of federal securities laws and derivative litigation
(E.D. Pa.) – In advance of summary judgment, obtained favorable settlement of securities fraud claims challenging exploration and production company’s disclosures in merger proxy statement
- University of Texas, J.D., with honors, 2017 (Chancellor-at-Large; Order of the Coif; Notes Editor, Texas Law Review)
- University of Texas, B.B.A., Finance, 2014
- University of Texas, B.A., History, Phi Beta Kappa, 2014
- Law Clerk to The Honorable Barbara M.G. Lynn, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas, 2018-2019
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- Deals & CasesNovember 3, 2021
- Deals & CasesFebruary 15, 2021