Bob is a member of V&E’s Office of the General Counsel, and is a leading authority on legal ethics, professional responsibility, and risk management for law firms.
Prior to joining V&E, Bob spent 16 years at the Attorneys’ Liability Assurance Society (ALAS), the premier malpractice carrier for large law firms, including seven years as the head of ALAS’ industry-leading Loss Prevention group. He is well-versed in the key risk management issues that law firms encounter, and helps the firm and its lawyers navigate those issues. He is an accomplished speaker, and is also nationally recognized as an expert in attorney well-being. Beyond his loss prevention skills, Bob is an experienced trial lawyer and litigation manager.
- University of Michigan, J.D., with honors, 1989
- University of Chicago, B.A., with honors, 1986
- Attorneys’ Liability Assurance Society, Senior Vice President – Loss Prevention (2011-2019)
- Attorneys’ Liability Assurance Society, Vice President – Senior Claims Counsel (2002-2011)
- Ameritech Corp, Acting Head of Litigation, Senior Claims Counsel (2000-2002)
- Jenner & Block (1989-2000)
- American Bar Association Center for Professional Responsibility; Working Group to Advance Well-Being in the Legal Profession