- Inflation Reduction Act
Analysis on Energy and Climate Tax and Credit Provisions
The Inflation Reduction Act (the “Act” or IRA”) is a historic investment in climate policy that touches upon almost every facet of the energy transition in an attempt to drastically reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Specifically, the IRA provides for the extension, expansion, and creation of a number of credits, which impact a broad swath of “green” technologies, provides substantial subsidies for standalone storage and hydrogen, incentivizes carbon capture, encourages domestic manufacturing and mining, and promotes the installation of EV charging equipment.
The IRA also provides for significant and unprecedented flexibility for monetizing these credits, making more projects financeable, permitting new market entrants, and allowing for new structures and products to be developed.
Explore our content, team, and practice offerings
Our Inflation Reduction Act series provides insight and analysis on the implementation of the IRA and additional resources on the various technologies and credits addressed in the Act, including in the areas below in which we regularly advise.
- Wind (Onshore and Offshore)
- Electric Vehicles and Charging
- Biogas and Renewable Fuels
- Manufacturing and Mining
Vinson & Elkins Featured Statistics
- Band 1Chambers USA, 2019-2022, Projects Power & Renewables (Transactional)
- 8Individually ranked lawyers by Chambers USA, 2022 in Renewables Categories
- 28Individuals ranked in Energy, Oil & Gas and Renewables Categories, Chambers USA, 2022