- Coronavirus: Preparation & Response
Monitoring the Legal Implications of COVID-19
Vinson & Elkins has formed a cross-discipline, cross-office task force to help assist with the many questions arising from the legal implications of the Coronavirus. Such inquiries may include:
- Public company disclosures and governance matters
- Litigation considerations, including those relating to force majeure provisions and other commercial disputes
- Ongoing analysis of new federal and state legislation and shelter-in-place orders or other new governmental restrictions
- Implications for M&A negotiations and agreements
- Remote workforce and IT considerations
- Employment and employee benefit-related considerations, including day-to-day workforce management, new leave requirements, medical inquiries, and workplace safety
- Executive compensation matters
- Finance-related consequences
- Implications for government contractors
- New tax-related initiatives and tax considerations
In addition, we have resources who can be available to address concerns specific to various jurisdictions, including New York, California, Texas, and London/United Kingdom.
The task force assembles a group of attorneys who are versed on these issues and are prepared to evaluate questions as they arise and direct inquiries to additional V&E or external resources as necessary.
The information on this page and related alerts reflects Vinson & Elkins L.L.P.’s assessment of the issues covered at the time of publishing. There may be post-publication developments in the law that render that assessment no longer current.
These materials should not be relied on as legal advice and are not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up-to-date. Legal advice must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each particular matter, and nothing provided herein constitutes legal advice or should be used as a substitute for the advice of counsel.