Tobey Blanton Forney
1001 Fannin Street
Houston, TX 77002
Tobey’s practice focuses on the business development and knowledge management efforts of the firm’s Tax and Executive Compensation & Benefits practice groups. Prior to that, her principal area of practice was tax law, including tax controversy and litigation, and nonprofit law.
In her tax controversy practice, Tobey represented U.S. and non-U.S. based multinational companies in tax controversy matters at the Internal Revenue Service Audit and Appeals levels, and in front of the United States Tax Court, on issues spanning the Internal Revenue Code. In her nonprofit practice, she advised charitable institutions, including both private foundations and public charities, on issues surrounding entity formation, securing and maintaining tax-exempt status, and the myriad state and federal statutes and regulations governing such entities.
- University of Texas School of Law, J.D. 1997 (Texas Law Review)
- Rice University, B.A. 1993
- Member, Texas Bar Association
- Board Member of Inprint Houston and Center for Science and Law
- Texas, New York
- International Tax DevelopmentsJanuary 4, 2021
V&E Tax Update
- International Tax DevelopmentsSeptember 9, 2020
UK Tax Update
- Coronavirus: Preparation & ResponseJuly 22, 2020