Russell W. Oshman
Trammell Crow Center
2001 Ross Avenue
Dallas, TX 75201
Russell Oshman represents both investors and developers in buying, selling, financing and developing commercial real estate. His practice is primarily focused on joint-venture projects, where he largely represents investment capital in the formation of joint ventures.
Russell advises a wide array of real estate clients including private equity investors, real estate investment trusts and developers. While his focus lies in the forming of joint ventures, he also has experience with master limited partnerships, mergers and acquisitions and syndicated financing transactions.
In 2018, Russell was named to D Magazine’s inaugural “Best Lawyers Under 40” list, honoring up-and-coming attorneys in Dallas.
A private REIT in the staged buyout of its partner in two multistate industrial portfolios having a total asset value of approximately $390 million
A publicly traded investment fund in the sale by a portfolio company of substantially all commercial real estate assets, including more than 1,900 acres of development land, a 440,000-square-foot industrial building, a 2,500-space parking garage, an office/retail building and office condominium, two 18-hole golf courses, and water rights
A developer in connection with the formation of a joint venture and the leveraged acquisition of an office building in Houston, Texas
A real estate investment firm in its $100 million office portfolio financing (District of Columbia, Florida, Tennessee, and Texas)
A joint venture as the buyer in a Section 363 asset sale of approximately 1,600 acres of development land in Collin County, Texas
A borrower of a $130 million CMBS loan secured by a wholesale trade facility in Dallas, Texas
HollyFrontier Corporation in “drop down” transactions for the sale of MLP “qualifying” logistics assets (including pipelines, tanks, terminals, and loading racks) to Holly Energy Partners, L.P.
Valerus Compression Services in its $435 million sale of Valerus Field Solutions to Kentz Corporation
Clearlake Capital Group in its $244 million acquisition of Archer Limited’s North American Rental and Tubular division, provider of equipment and services to E&P operators in land and offshore markets in the United States and Mexico
Agent in connection with a $350 million syndicated credit facility to a midstream company, secured by 50 mortgages in five states
Agent in connection with a $200 million syndicated credit facility to a midstream company, secured by 40 mortgages in 11 states
A midstream MLP in connection with its $1.5 billion syndicated secured senior credit facility
- Southern Methodist University, J.D. cum laude, 2006
- Southern Methodist University, B.B.A., 2003
- Legal 500 U.S., Real Estate, 2016−2019
- Selected to the Texas Rising Stars list, Super Lawyers (Thomson Reuters), 2017–2020
- Member: Dallas Bar Association; Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Rankings & AwardsMarch 6, 2020
- Deals & CasesJanuary 13, 2020
- The Legal 500 U.S. 2019 (Legalease, Ltd.) Recognizes V&E in 43 Practice Categories, With 184 Individual Lawyer RecommendationsRankings & AwardsMay 30, 2019
- Rankings & AwardsMarch 4, 2019
- Deals & CasesApril 27, 2018
- Rankings & AwardsMarch 12, 2018
- Rankings & AwardsJanuary 17, 2018
- Deals & CasesNovember 16, 2016