The Grace Building
1114 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036
20 Fenchurch Street
London EC3M 3BY
A partner in Mergers & Acquisitions and Capital Markets, Noel Hughes’ practice focuses on international capital markets and cross-border leveraged finance transactions, with a particular focus on high-yield bond financings and acquisition financings. Based in both London and New York, Noel has a deep understanding of the European and American markets. In the former, he has helped clients navigate across jurisdictions and local legal regimes and has seen the high yield market mature to become a more prominent part of the leveraged finance toolkit.
Noel advises issuer and underwriter clients, as well as alternative capital investors on a broad range of transactions, including high-yield debt offerings, debt liability management transactions and U.S. securities law matters. He is also experienced in advising on restructurings and acquisition financings.
Noel has been recognized by Chambers UK, with commentators saying that he “is razor sharp intellectually and marries this with a very unusual level of market knowledge of high-yield securities” with clients said to be “incredibly impressed with his skills” (2019).
- St. Catharine’s College, Cambridge, LL.M., 2007
- Queen’s University of Belfast, LL.B., 2004 (with first class honors)
- Chambers UK, Capital Markets, High-Yield Products, 2015−2020
- Legal 500 UK, Finance: High Yield, 2020
- Chambers Global, Capital Markets: High-Yield Products (USA) “Foreign Expert based abroad,” 2020
- New York (Attorney), England and Wales (Solicitor)
- Rankings & AwardsFebruary 13, 2020
- Deals & CasesJanuary 30, 2020
- Deals & CasesJanuary 22, 2020
- Deals & CasesJanuary 13, 2020
- Rankings & AwardsOctober 14, 2019
- The Legal 500 UK 2020 (Legalease, LTD.) Ranks V&E in 6 Practice Categories, With 15 Individual Lawyer RecommendationsRankings & AwardsSeptember 26, 2019
- Event RecapApril 10, 2019
- Rankings & AwardsNovember 2, 2018
- “High Yield Bonds in the Energy Industry,” V&E Houston Office, April 10, 2019 (speaker)