Mark Early is a highly experienced transactional lawyer who advises on private company mergers and acquisitions and capital-raising transactions, including fund formation. In addition, Mark advises companies and boards of directors on such matters as corporate governance and fiduciary obligations.
His clients include private equity funds and their portfolio companies, fund investors and Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs).
In a career spanning over three decades, Mark has advised on a wide range of transactions from billion-dollar deals to smaller transactions, across industry sectors. Practical in his approach, he is known for his ability to identify and resolve key issues.
He is the recipient of multiple accolades from such publications as The Best Lawyers in America and Legal 500 U.S.
Mark was drawn to transactional law because he likes the collegial nature of working on deals. Before becoming an attorney, Mark ran a professional soccer team, and he continues to play soccer in his spare time. He is also active in advising Big Brothers Big Sisters Lone Star.
Healthcare Solutions, a Brazos Private Equity Partners portfolio company, in the acquisitions of Modern Medical, a pharmacy management and specialty health services company, and ScripNet, a provider of workers’ compensation pharmacy benefit management
Brazos Private Equity Partners in its investment in European Wax Centers, a provider of wax removal services
Golden County Foods in the sale of substantially all of the assets of Appetizers And, Inc.
Olympus Real Estate Partners in the acquisition of Walden Residential Properties, Inc., a public multifamily real estate investment trust
Meridian Industrial Trust, Inc., a public real estate investment trust, in a variety of transactions, including acquisitions, public and private offerings of debt and equity, and its merger into Prologis Trust
Milestone Apartments Real Estate Investment Trust in its $200 million initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange, follow-on offerings and acquisitions
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D. cum laude, 1990 (Order of the Coif; Notes and Comments Editor,Journal of Air Law and Commerce)
- Southern Methodist University, M.B.A., 1982
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.A., 1977
- D Magazine, “The Best Lawyers in Dallas,” 2020
- The Best Lawyers in America© (BL Rankings, LLC), Corporate Law, 2006–2021; Mergers & Acquisitions Law, 2007–2021
- Selected to the Texas Super Lawyers list, Super Lawyers (Thomson Reuters), 2006–2019
- Legal 500 U.S., 2018 and 2020
- Member: American Bar Association; Dallas Bar Association; National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts
- General Counsel: Big Brothers Big Sisters Lone Star
- Rankings & AwardsAugust 20, 2020
- The Legal 500 U.S. 2020 (Legalease, Ltd.) Recognizes V&E in 41 Practice Categories, With 181 Individual Lawyer RecommendationsRankings & AwardsJune 16, 2020
- Rankings & AwardsMay 1, 2020
- Rankings & AwardsSeptember 11, 2019
- Rankings & AwardsAugust 15, 2019
- Rankings & AwardsSeptember 6, 2018
- InsightAugust 16, 2017
V&E REIT Update E-communication
- Deals & CasesOctober 26, 2015
- “IRS Issues Guidance on Elective Cash Stock Dividends by REITs,” V&E REIT Update E-communication, August 16, 2017 (co-author)