Julia E. Sanabria
The Grace Building
1114 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036
Julia Sanabria represents clients in a wide range of real estate matters with a particular emphasis on commercial leasing.
She represents various institutional and non-institutional clients in the leasing and subleasing of office and retail space throughout the United States, including major real estate players such as Boston Properties, Oxford Properties, the Related Companies, Extell Development Company and Joy Construction. A bulk of Julia’s practice focuses on negotiating commercial leasing in New York City, including all the retail leasing for Related Companies at the storied Hudson Yards development and the lease for Netflix’s Brooklyn space, a complicated deal that included both studio and office space.
She also has experience with joint ventures, the origination and restructuring of mortgage and mezzanine loans, developments and loan workouts.
Julia’s work has been recognized in several publications and she has been named a “Rising Star” by Law360, which selected her as one of the top six real estate practitioners in the U.S. under the age of 40.
Oxford Properties in a headquarters lease to the National Basketball Association at 645 Fifth Avenue in Manhattan
Silverstein Properties in the initial lease-up of 7 World Trade Center in Manhattan
Extell Development in the initial lease-up of the Gem Tower in Manhattan, the net leasing of various buildings in Midtown South, and retail leases throughout Manhattan
Forest City Ratner in the leasing of space to Brooklyn Friends School at One MetroTech Center in Brooklyn, New York, and Westchester’s Ridge Hill shopping center in Yonkers, New York
Steiner NYC in a long-term ground lease with the Brooklyn Navy Yard Development Corporation and a long-term lease with Wegmans Food Markets in Brooklyn, New York
Jones Lang LaSalle in its New York headquarters lease at 330 Madison Avenue in Manhattan
Knight Capital Group in various leases in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, including its headquarters at 300 Vesey Street in Manhattan
Fortress Investment Group in the financing by a syndicate of lenders of the railroad related assets owned by Flagler Development and Florida East Coast Railway
Deutsche Bank in mezzanine and mortgage secured financings throughout the United States
Andre Balazs Properties in the development of hotel projects
- University of Chicago Law School, J.D., 2005
- Binghamton University, State University of New York, B.A., 2001
- Law360’s “Rising Star,” 2018
- Real Estate Weekly, “Rising Star,” 2018
- Selected to the New York Metro Super Lawyers list, “Rising Star” (Thomson Reuters), 2013−2016
- Legal 500 U.S., Real Estate, 2019 and 2020
- Law 360 Real Estate Editorial Advisory Board
- New York
- InsightNovember 23, 2020
V&E Real Estate Update
- The Legal 500 U.S. 2020 (Legalease, Ltd.) Recognizes V&E in 41 Practice Categories, With 181 Individual Lawyer RecommendationsRankings & AwardsJune 16, 2020
- Press ReleaseDecember 9, 2019
- The Legal 500 U.S. 2019 (Legalease, Ltd.) Recognizes V&E in 43 Practice Categories, With 184 Individual Lawyer RecommendationsRankings & AwardsMay 30, 2019