John R. Dawson
20 Fenchurch Street
London EC3M 3BY
John Dawson advises borrowers, lenders, and investors on a wide array of loan transactions and restructurings. He counsels clients on the full life cycle of loans from inception to successful exits in the public or private markets.
John’s clients include leading venture capital firms, private equity funds, hedge funds, commercial banks, investment banks and corporate borrowers in the UK, Europe, and internationally.
He has extensive experience working on syndicated, club, and unitranche public and private acquisition financings, fund financings, real estate financings, and restructurings. John represents private equity firms and investment banks in leveraged buyouts funded by term loan B, super senior revolving credit facilities, bridge facilities and high yield bonds and notes. In addition, he advises on structures which include reserve based lending and other asset backed facilities.
Outside of his practice, John lectures on acquisition financing as part of the Masters in Corporate Law program at Cambridge University and the MSc in Law and Finance program at Oxford University.
John also serves on the board of the East End Community Foundation, an organization that seeks to improve the lives of individuals living in London’s East End. He helps the organization make strategic business decisions, a role that has provided him with insights into how businesses operate and thrive.
- Keble College, University of Oxford, MA (Hons) Jurisprudence, 1997
- College of Law, York, Diploma in Legal Practice, 1998
- John lectures on acquisition financings as part of the Masters in Law and Finance at Cambridge University and the MSC in Law and Finance at Oxford University
- Board member of the East End Community Foundation
- Solicitor in England and Wales
- Deals & CasesJanuary 15, 2020
- V&E+April 1, 2019
- V&E+January 2, 2019
- Deals & CasesMay 11, 2018