2801 Via Fortuna
Austin, TX 78746
Jeffrey Han’s practice covers a wide range of intellectual property matters, with a focus on patent litigation. His experience extends to all phases of intellectual property litigation, from pre-suit investigation and initial discovery, through trial and appeal. Jeff has represented clients before numerous federal district courts, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, the U.S. International Trade Commission, and the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. He also has experience in AAA arbitration proceedings. In addition, Jeff has co-authored an amicus brief on behalf of the American Intellectual Property Law Association before the U.S. Supreme Court.
After law school, Jeff served as judicial clerk to The Honorable Timothy B. Dyk of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. During law school, he served as judicial extern to The Honorable James B. Zagel of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
Prior to attending law school, Jeff worked as a product development engineer for enterprise storage products at a major computer technology company.
- Northwestern University School of Law, J.D. cum laude, 2009 (Order of the Coif; Executive Editor, Northwestern University Law Review)
- St. Edward’s University, B.B.A., Business and Management, 2005
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.S., Electrical Engineering, 2000
- Judicial clerk to The Honorable Timothy B. Dyk, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, 2009–2010
- Judicial extern to The Honorable James B. Zagel, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2008
- Product Development Engineer, 2000–2006
- Member: American Bar Association
- Member: American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Member: Federal Circuit Bar Association
- Member: National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Member: Austin Intellectual Property Law Association
- Texas; U.S. Supreme Court; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit; U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas; U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas; U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- A Look at New Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Barrett’s Experience with Intellectual Property Cases, Intellectual Property & Technology Law Journal, Volume 33, Issue 1 (January 2021) (author)
- Aftermath of Alice, Houston Intellectual Property Law Association and University of Houston Law Center Institute for Intellectual Property & Information Law’s 32nd Annual Institute on Intellectual Property Law, Oct. 8, 2016 (co-presenter)
- Standard Essential Patents (SEPs) and Private Patent Pools: Critical Legal Issues, Taiwan Intellectual Property Office’s 2016 International Intellectual Property Symposium, May 26, 2016 (co-presenter)