555 Mission Street
San Francisco, CA 94105
Emily concentrates her practice on Investment Management, including the representation of sponsors and investment managers in the formation and operation of private commingled investment funds, funds-of-one, and separately managed accounts. She has a deep institutional knowledge on the lifecycle of private investment funds from working in-house for 14 years at Oaktree Capital Management, L.P., a leading global alternative investment management firm, and in addition to fund formation and operation, she regularly advises on carry and equity arrangements, governance, subscription facilities, investments, and exits. Informed by her prior experience on Oaktree’s distressed debt investment team, Emily advises clients on how to achieve their business objectives through the use of innovative structures and terms and can guide them through all steps of the process, from preparing the initial marketing materials to negotiating with investors to addressing ongoing issues arising from investments and cash management.
- University of Texas School of Law, J.D. Order of the Coif, 2000 (Texas Law Review)
- Dartmouth College, B.A. Government cum laude, 1997
- Director of Neo Performance Materials Inc. (TSX: NEO), a global leader in the innovation and manufacturing of rare earth- and rare metal-based functional materials (September 2016-December 2019)
- Director and member of the Nomination and Corporate Governance Committee of Star Bulk Carriers Corp. (Nasdaq: SBLK; Oslo: SBLK), a global shipping company providing worldwide seaborne transportation solutions in the dry bulk sector (November 2018-January 2020)
- Director of Aleris Corporation (NYSE: ARS), a global leader in the manufacture and sale of aluminum rolled products (January 2011-January 2020)