Christopher J. Dewar
Trammell Crow Center
2001 Ross Avenue
Dallas, TX 75201
Cris Dewar represents banks, alternative/direct lenders and corporate and private equity-backed borrowers in loan transactions in a variety of sectors with a particular focus on the energy industry.
Cris has deep experience advising on a wide range of commercial lending transactions, including reserve-based lending, asset-based lending, mezzanine and unitranche financings, institutional term loans, second-lien financings, underwritten acquisition financings, restructurings and workouts, debtor-in-possession and exit facilities, and complex intercreditor arrangements.
Cris is known for being practical, efficient and highly responsive to his clients and for being a leader in the field of energy financing. He is the recipient of multiple accolades from such sources as Chambers USA, Legal 500 U.S., and The Best Lawyers in America. Clients quoted by Chambers called Cris “commercially minded, always available and a creative legal mind.”
Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. in a $1.2 billion reserve-based revolving credit facility to Eagle Rock Energy Partners, L.P.
JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. in a $565 million reserve-based revolving credit facility and term loan to an E&P company
Bank of America, N.A. in a $2 billion secured reserve-based revolving credit facility to Memorial Resource Development Corp.
Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. in a $1.5 billion revolving credit facility to Atlas Resource Partners, L.P.
Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. in a $1.5 billion syndicated senior secured credit facility to Rice Energy, Inc. in connection with its initial public offering
Wells Fargo Energy Capital, Inc. in a $300 million second lien term loan facility to an oil and gas exploration and production company
Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. in a revolving credit facility to an owner of royalty and mineral interests
Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. in a $450 million revolving credit facility to Rice Midstream Partners LP
Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. in a $300 million senior secured revolving credit facility to a private oilfield services company
Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. in an $800 million revolving credit facility to Atlas Pipeline Partners
JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. in a $75 million revolving credit facility to The Container Store, Inc.
Administrative agent in a $75 million asset-based revolving credit facility to an oil and gas refinery
BI-LO, LLC, a regional grocery store chain, in a $125 million debtor-in-possession revolving credit facility
A private equity fund in a $20 million revolving, asset-based lending credit facility, a term loan facility, a capital expenditure facility, and the issuance of $13 million senior subordinated notes in connection with the acquisition of a food manufacturing company
MoneyGram International, Inc. in a $1.63 billion senior secured revolving and term loan facility to a public company with international operations engaged in the money transfer business
A provider of occupational health care services in connection with a $330 million syndicated term loan facility, $75 million revolving credit facility, and $155 million second-lien term loan facility
- Harvard University, J.D., 2005
- Miami University, B.S. magna cum laude, 2002
- Chambers USA, Banking & Finance (Texas), 2017-2020; “Up and Coming,” 2017 and 2018
- The Best Lawyers in America© (BL Rankings, LLC), Banking & Finance Law, 2017–2021
- Legal 500 U.S., Commercial Lending, 2019 and 2020
- Member: Dallas Bar Association; Dallas Young Lawyers Association; Young Professionals in Finance
- Deals & CasesOctober 15, 2020
- Deals & CasesOctober 5, 2020
- Deals & CasesOctober 1, 2020
- Vinson & Elkins Advising Royal Bank of Canada in Connection with Chaparral Energy’s Restructuring and Prepackaged Voluntary Chapter 11 FilingDeals & CasesAugust 26, 2020
- Rankings & AwardsAugust 20, 2020
- The Legal 500 U.S. 2020 (Legalease, Ltd.) Recognizes V&E in 41 Practice Categories, With 181 Individual Lawyer RecommendationsRankings & AwardsJune 16, 2020
- Rankings & AwardsApril 23, 2020
- Deals & CasesJanuary 10, 2020
- Rankings & AwardsAugust 15, 2019
- Deals & CasesJune 26, 2019
- Deals & CasesJune 17, 2019
- The Legal 500 U.S. 2019 (Legalease, Ltd.) Recognizes V&E in 43 Practice Categories, With 184 Individual Lawyer RecommendationsRankings & AwardsMay 30, 2019
- Rankings & AwardsApril 25, 2019
- InsightJanuary 31, 2019
V&E Restructuring and Reorganization Updates
- Deals & CasesJanuary 28, 2019
- Rankings & AwardsMay 9, 2018