1001 Fannin Street
Houston, TX 77002
Casey is a member of the firm’s Complex Commercial Litigation group. Casey represents companies and directors in class-action securities lawsuits nationwide, but in New York and Delaware in particular. Casey also represents companies and individuals under investigation by the U.S. Department of Justice and the Securities Exchange Commission for criminal antitrust matters, securities fraud, and other white-collar criminal matters.
Casey has significant experience defending companies in lawsuits including breach of fiduciary duty claims, merger agreements, fraudulent inducement, and other class-action and derivative claims. He has represented companies and directors in the Delaware Chancery court as well as federal and state court in New York and Texas. Casey also works with companies and executives to conduct internal investigations, and investigations in response to government subpoenas, related to price fixing and bid rigging schemes, fraud, and other criminal matters. He has represented banks and other financial institutions, insurance companies, private equity firms, commercial retailers, technology firms, oil and gas companies, and many others.
Casey maintains an active pro bono immigration practice, representing individuals seeking asylum in the United States on the basis of persecution in their native countries.
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 2014 (Senior Executive Editor, NYU Journal of International Law and Politics) (NYU Center for Constitutional Transitions)
- Colorado State University, B.A. cum laude, English, 2006
- Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Raymond J. Dearie, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- Southern District of Texas
- New York
- Southern District of New York
- Spanish (Intermediate)
- New SCOTUS Term Tackles Big Criminal Law Issues: Unanimous Juries, the Insanity Defense, and Public CorruptionThe V&E ReportOctober 2, 2019
- For Whom the Statute Tolls: Challenges to FCPA Indictment May Expose Government Vulnerabilities in International CasesThe V&E ReportSeptember 3, 2019
- The V&E ReportMay 22, 2019
- Stop the Presses: Misleading Investors in the Wake of Bad Press Leads to Criminal and Civil PenaltiesThe V&E ReportApril 11, 2019
- The V&E ReportFebruary 27, 2019