Caroline is a trial lawyer representing clients on a wide variety of disputes. Her practice focuses on litigation in the energy, infrastructure and technology sectors, and has included disputes involving trade secrets, patent ownership, construction contracts, fraud, and regulatory matters.
To her litigation practice, Caroline brings a background of experience advising energy companies on transactional and regulatory matters. Caroline now assists clients in both the prosecution and defense of claims before administrative bodies, state and federal courts, and domestic and international arbitral panels. She also advises clients on various cybersecurity issues, including governance, incident response, and data breach notifications.
The following is a list of representative matters in which Caroline has assisted.
Advised pipeline companies on application of various provisions of the Natural Gas Act and helped prepare companies for rate case litigation before the FERC
Assisted in advising The Carlyle Group L.P. on midstream regulatory issues in its definitive agreement to fund the development of EOG’s oil and gas assets in Ellis County, Oklahoma
Advised companies in the investigation of suspected unauthorized access to its internal network
Advising various organizations that suffered a data breach on legal issues related to incident response and legal notifications, including notifications under HIPAA and FERPA
Advised organizations on cybersecurity investigations and data privacy reporting requirements under state, federal, and international laws
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D. magna cum laude, 2015 (Virginia Law Review, Editorial Board; President of Native American Law Student Association; Extramural Moot Court Team; 2015 Salzburg Cutler Fellow in International Law)
- Texas Tech University, B.A. summa cum laude, 2012 (Varsity Volleyball)
- Judicial clerk to The Honorable James Browning, U.S. District Court for the District of New Mexico, 2015-2016
- Member: American Bar Association; Energy Bar Association
- Spanish (moderate)
- “Defences to Enforcement of an Arbitral Award in the USA Under the New York Convention,” Lexis PSLArbitration, December 2017 (co-author)
- “Enforcing a New York Convention Award in the USA,” Lexis PSLArbitration, December 2017 (co-author)
- “How Blockchain Could Change The Energy Industry,” Law360, November 21, 2017 (author)