Shelley A. Barber
The Grace Building
1114 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036
Shelley has extensive experience in capital markets and securities offerings, merger and acquisition transactions, and general corporate matters, with a particular emphasis on the energy industry.
In the capital markets area, she represents issuers and investment banking firms in public offerings and private placements of equity and debt securities, including initial public offerings (IPOs), follow-on and secondary public offerings, private offerings, and PIPE offerings. Related to mergers and acquisitions, she represents clients in public company mergers, negotiated acquisitions and divestitures, spin-off transactions, and corporate reorganizations.
Shelley regularly advises clients on corporate governance matters and general corporate law matters, including compliance with the federal securities laws, Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002-related corporate governance and compliance matters, and compliance with the NYSE and NASDAQ rules.
- University of Texas School of Law, J.D. with honors, 1990 (awarded the Wilson W. Herndon Memorial Award in Antitrust Law)
- University of Virginia, B.A., History, 1986
- Member: American Bar Association; New York State Bar Association; State Bar of Texas; Houston Bar Association
- New York
- V&E Advises Cloud Peak Energy in Connection With Sale of Assets to Navajo Transitional Energy CompanyDeals & CasesOctober 24, 2019
- Deals & CasesOctober 8, 2019
- Deals & CasesMarch 21, 2019
- Deals & CasesMay 22, 2018
- Deals & CasesJanuary 4, 2018
- “Retail Preferred Offerings Expand Outside of the Traditional E&P MLP Space,” V&E MLP Update E-communication, October 12, 2015 (co-author)
- “SEC Issues Final Rules Regarding Mine Safety Disclosure Requirements Under the Dodd-Frank Act,” V&E Financial Reform Update E-communication, January 11, 2012 (co-author)
- “Expanded Disclosure Requirements for Oil, Gas, and Mining Companies,” V&E Financial Reform Update E-communication, August 19, 2010 (co-author)