1001 Fannin Street
Houston, TX 77002
Mike Telle is a seasoned corporate lawyer who focuses on mergers and acquisitions, capital markets and other transactions for a variety of clients in the energy sector.
One of the best known capital markets attorneys in the energy space, Mike brings more than twenty years of experience as well as a collaborative and commercial approach to his practice.
In addition, he counsels clients on public and private merger & acquisition transactions, joint ventures and private capital raising transactions.
Mike has received multiple accolades including repeated recognition from Legal 500 US and Chambers USA. Sources quoted by Chambers called Mike “very client-focused” and cited his “deep knowledge of the markets” (2019).
Mike started his career as an associate at V&E, left to join another law firm, and returned to V&E in 2014 because he felt V&E provided him with such an outstanding platform for his practice.
Paragon Offshore Limited in the $232.5 million sale of the company to Borr Drilling Limited
Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Enbridge Energy Partners in the $170.2 million acquisition of all of the publicly held common units of Midcoast Energy Partners by Enbridge Energy Company (pending)
Sunoco Logistics Partners, L.P. in the formation of Permian Express Partners, a strategic joint venture with ExxonMobil to combine certain of their key crude oil logistics assets
Kinder Morgan Energy Partners, L.P. in its $1.0 billion acquisition of American Petroleum Tankers LLC and State Class Tankers LLC
Lufkin Industries Inc. in its $3.3 billion acquisition by General Electric Company
Chesapeake Energy Corporation in the $2.0 billion disposition of its interest in Chesapeake Midstream Partners, L.P.
W-H Energy Services, Inc. in its $3.1 billion acquisition by Smith International, Inc.
Enterprise Products Partners, L.P. in its $13.0 billion cash and stock merger with GulfTerra Energy Partners, L.P.
Alinda Capital Partners in its acquisition of a 50% interest in the general partner of Martin Midstream Partners L.P.
- South Texas College of Law, J.D. summa cum laude, 1994
- Texas Tech University, M.S. summa cum laude, 1991
- Texas Tech University, B.B.A., Economics cum laude, 1990
- The Best Lawyers in America© (BL Rankings, LLC), Corporate Law, 2016−2021
- Legal 500 U.S., Capital Markets: Debt Offerings, 2015; Capital Markets: Equity Offerings, 2015; Energy: Transactions, 2015; Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) Large Deals ($1–5 billion), 2014
- Chambers USA, Capital Markets: Debt and Equity (Texas), 2013–2019; Corporate/M&A (Texas), 2011–2015, 2019; Energy: Oil & Gas (Transactional) (Texas), 2010–2011; Capital Markets: Debt and Equity: Central United States (Nationwide), 2019 and 2020
- Chambers Global, Capital Markets: Debt and Equity (Central USA), 2020
- Selected to the Texas Super Lawyers list, Super Lawyers (Thomson Reuters), 2008–2017
- IFLR1000, 2020
- Rankings & AwardsOctober 2, 2020
- Deals & CasesSeptember 3, 2020
- Rankings & AwardsAugust 20, 2020
- Rankings & AwardsApril 23, 2020
- CARBO Ceramics Announces Agreement with Wilks Brothers to Acquire Business and Strengthen Financial PositionDeals & CasesMarch 30, 2020
- Rankings & AwardsFebruary 13, 2020
- Deals & CasesJanuary 10, 2020
- Rankings & AwardsAugust 15, 2019
- Deals & CasesJune 13, 2019
- Rankings & AwardsApril 25, 2019
- Deals & CasesApril 22, 2019
- Deals & CasesSeptember 4, 2018
- Deals & CasesJune 27, 2018
- Deals & CasesJune 25, 2018
- Rankings & AwardsMay 9, 2018
- Deals & CasesMay 4, 2018
- Deals & CasesFebruary 21, 2018
- InsightMarch 29, 2017
V&E SEC Update E-communication