Patrick K. Breeland
2801 Via Fortuna
Austin, TX 78746
Pat Breeland is a leader in the field of advising institutional investors on alternative investments. Since 2002, Pat has represented institutional investors in more than 650 investment transactions. In addition, he has supervised other attorneys as they handled hundreds of investment transactions.
Pat conducts due diligence and negotiates terms and agreements for clients with respect to their private equity fund investments, venture capital fund investments, hedge fund investments, separately managed accounts, and direct investments in private companies. He helps clients understand the economic and legal implications of their investment decisions and works to restructure terms to make them more favorable.
Pat’s clients include a wide range of public and private institutional investors. Pat has been recognized by Who’s Who Legal and by Chambers USA.
- The University of Texas School of Law, J.D. with honors, 1984
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.B.A., Finance with highest honors, 1981
- Who’s Who Legal (Law Business Research Ltd.), Private Funds, 2016
- Who’s Who Legal 100 (Law Business Research Ltd.), Private Funds, 2014 and 2015
- The International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers (Law Business Research Ltd.), Private Funds, 2013
- Chambers USA, Investment Funds: Investor Representation (Nationwide), 2019 and 2020
- Chambers Global, Investment Funds: Investor Representation (USA), 2020
- Member: Travis County Bar Association
- Rankings & AwardsApril 23, 2020
- Rankings & AwardsFebruary 13, 2020
- Rankings & AwardsApril 25, 2019