Pamela Hays Stabler
1001 Fannin Street
Houston, TX 77002
For over 25 years, Pam has built a practice focused on designing, implementing, and administering qualified pension, profit-sharing, and stock bonus plans, including leveraged ESOPs and 401(k) plans. She has significant experience in the area of executive and incentive programs, including equity compensation and bonus plans, fringe benefit programs, nonqualified deferred compensation plans, rabbi trusts, and insurance arrangements. Pam has gained extensive experience advising clients on executive compensation and employee benefits related to business transactions, including acquisitions, divestitures, and combinations.
Pam has significant experience designing, implementing, and administering welfare benefit plans, including cafeteria plans, and voluntary employee beneficiary associations. She also has significant experience with respect to the governmental withholding and reporting requirements for all types of compensation, including qualified and nonqualified deferred compensation and fringe benefits.
Pam has advised sponsors of qualified plans regarding fiduciary responsibilities under ERISA and prohibited transactions. Her work includes an administrative practice before the Department of Labor and the Internal Revenue Service.
BG North America in the $450 million sale of its entire U.S. power generation portfolio to Energy Capital Partners
A leading global private investment firm in the acquisition of Styron from The Dow Chemical Company
BP in the $2.4 billion sale of its Texas City refinery and a portion of its retail and logistics network in the Southeast United States to Marathon Petroleum
Riverstone Holdings in the acquisition by its portfolio company, TrailStone, of U.S. Oil & Refining Co., owner of a 42,000 bbl/day refinery and a rail, pipeline, marine and truck logistics business in the Pacific Northwest
BG Group and EXCO Resources in the $910 million sale of TGGT Holdings, a joint venture between the two companies that owns and operates natural gas gathering, transportation and treating assets, to Azure Midstream
- Washburn University of Topeka, J.D. with Dean’s honors, 1981 (Technical Editor, Washburn Law Journal)
- Southern Methodist University, LL.M., Taxation, 1983
- Washburn University of Topeka, B.A., Economics, 1977
- Member: American Bar Association; Houston Bar Association
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas and for the Southern District of Texas
- “Hurricane Harvey – Tax-Free Financial Assistance for Employees Hit By Harvey and Other Benefit Plan Considerations,” V&E Executive Compensation & Benefits Update E-communication, September 1, 2017 (co-author)