Vinson & Elkins Named Top Shareholder Activism Defense Practice by Activist Insight for Seventh Consecutive Year
For the seventh year in a row, Vinson & Elkins’ Shareholder Activism practice has been recognized as the top-ranked law firm for company defense in Activist Insight’s 2022 Adviser Awards.
Over the past seven years, Activist Insight has credited Vinson & Elkins’ Shareholder Activism practice with defending 252 campaigns waged by activists against boards and management teams of public companies – 85 more campaigns than the law firm with the second highest total of campaigns defended during this timeframe.
“Vinson & Elkins’ Shareholder Activism practice includes some of the most trusted and highly sought-after practitioners in the industry,” said Lawrence Elbaum, partner and co-head of Vinson & Elkins’ Shareholder Activism practice. “Our Activism Defense practice’s continued recognition from Activist Insight further exemplifies the practice’s hard work and success on behalf of our clients,” added Shareholder Activism practice co-head and Vinson & Elkins partner, Patrick Gadson.
In addition to the Activist Insight Awards for 2022, Vinson & Elkins is the only firm to secure a #1 ranking in both The Legal 500 U.S. and Chambers USA for our Shareholder Activism practice in 2022. The practice has recently received several honors for the 2022 year, including:
- “Tier 1” by Legal 500 U.S., M&A/Corporate and Commercial – Shareholder Activism: Advice to Boards, 2019-2022
- “Band 1” for Chambers USA’s inaugural year for the practice category: Corporate/M&A: Takeover Defense (New York), 2022
- #1 Ranked by FactSet and Refinitiv for number of campaigns defended for five years in a row, 2016 – 2021
- #1 Ranked by Bloomberg for their inaugural league table in 2019 and in 2021 for campaigns defended
- Nominated for “Activism Defense Law Firm of the Year” by The Deal in 2020 and 2022
Individual recognitions for the co-heads of Vinson & Elkins’ Shareholder Activism practice include:
- Ranked in Chambers USA Corporate/M&A: Takeover Defense (New York), 2021-2022
- Recognized as “Next Generation Lawyer” (2020) and “Next Generation Partner” (2021 – 2022) by The Legal 500 U.S., Shareholder Activism – Advice to Boards
- Selected to the New York Super Lawyers List by Super Lawyers, 2022
- Named New York Law Journal “Rising Star,” 2018
- Recognized as “Up and Coming” in Chambers USA Corporate/M&A: Takeover Defense (New York), 2021-2022
- Highlighted as a “Next Generation Partner” by The Legal 500 U.S., Shareholder Activism – Advice to Boards, 2021-2022
- Featured on Lawdragon’s “500 Leading Dealmakers in America” list, 2021-2022
- Selected to the New York Rising Stars list by Thomson Reuters “Super Lawyers”, 2022
About Vinson & Elkins
For more than a century, Vinson & Elkins has provided outstanding client service across important industries that drive the global economy. Built on a strong culture of collaboration across 11 offices worldwide, V&E lawyers are committed to excellence, offering clients decades of legal experience in handling transactions, investments, projects and disputes across the globe. Learn more by visiting www.velaw.com or connect with us on LinkedIn.
For more information, please speak with our media contacts.