V&E Ranked #1 Shareholder Activism Defense Practice by Bloomberg and FactSet
Bloomberg and FactSet – two of the leading financial news and data companies in the world – have awarded Vinson & Elkins’ Shareholder Activism practice the top ranking for company and board representation based on number of shareholder activism campaigns defended in 2019.
This is the inaugural year for Bloomberg’s shareholder activism league tables, and the fourth consecutive year V&E has earned the No. 1 ranking from FactSet.
V&E’s Shareholder Activism practice has received several significant recognitions over the past four years in addition to the latest Bloomberg and FactSet rankings, including:
- Ranked No. 1 for total number of companies defended as part of Activist Insight’s Adviser Awards from 2016 – 2019;
- Ranked No. 1 for company representation in Refinitiv’s First Half 2019 Shareholder Activism Scorecard and in Refinitiv’s Full Year Shareholder Activism Scorecards from 2016 to 2018;
- Ranked No. 1 for company defense in The Deal’s Q3 2019 and Full Year 2018 Shareholder Activism League Tables; and
- Ranked by The Legal 500 U.S. 2019, one of the largest legal referral guides, in Shareholder Activism – Advice to Boards.
The leaders of V&E’s Shareholder Activism practice also continue to frequently receive distinctions for their work in this highly specialized practice area, including:
- Patrick Gadson, partner and co-leader of V&E’s Shareholder Activism practice, recognized as a 2019 Rising Star by The Deal; and
- Lawrence Elbaum, partner and co-leader of V&E’s Shareholder Activism practice, named finalist for “Dealmaker of the Year” as part of The Deal Awards 2019 and 2018.
Comprising approximately 30 attorneys, V&E’s Shareholder Activism practice, led by Elbaum and Gadson in New York and Jeff Floyd and Steve Gill in Houston, leverages the firm’s top-tier public company, M&A, corporate governance and litigation practices, to effectively represent companies facing shareholder activism.
About Vinson & Elkins
For more than a century, Vinson & Elkins has provided outstanding client service across important industries that drive the global economy. Built on a strong culture of collaboration across 12 offices worldwide, V&E lawyers are committed to excellence, offering clients decades of legal experience in handling transactions, investments, projects and disputes across the globe. Learn more by visiting www.velaw.com or follow us on Twitter @VinsonandElkins or connect with us on LinkedIn.
For more information, please speak with our media contacts.