Vinson & Elkins 2022 Construction Year in Review
January 23, 2023
Over the course of last year, we spoke to various experts and KCs from our network as they reflected on what they saw to be some of the key themes coming out of 2022 in the world of construction.
In the video, hear invaluable insights into some of the industry’s most critical developments. Topics discussed include:
- Embracing complexity science – Sean Brady, Brady Heywood
- Geopolitical risks for the construction industry in 2022 and going into 2023 – Philip Worman, S. Held
- Delay analysis methodology: the Court’s preferred approach; Concurrency of delay: where does this decision leave us?; Termination and notice provisions – Lynne McCafferty, 4 Pump Court Chambers
- The rise in the number of PFI Disputes – Lucy Garrett KC, Keating Chambers
- Andrews and others v Kronospan Ltd  EWHC 479 (QB) – Annelise Day KC, Fountain Court Chambers
- Limitations and exclusions of Liability – CIS (now Soteria) v IBM – Court of Appeal, Buckingham Group Contracting v Peel Investments – Mark Chennells KC, Atkin Chambers
- Getting Paid (Record keeping, general overview and tips from an expert point of view and credibility of records) – Andrew Drennan, HKA
- Concurrency Case Law Timeline – Oliver Barnes, Secretariat
- The EPC Model going forward – Jarrod Gutsa and Jess Webster, Vinson & Elkins
- Inflation as it relates to the construction industry – Yasmin Bailey, Vinson & Elkins
If you would like to discuss any of the topics raised in this video or have any additional inquiries, please contact Roberta Downey and Nick Henchie or your regular V&E contact.
This information is provided by Vinson & Elkins LLP for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.