Opportunities for First- and Second-Year Law Students
Vinson & Elkins awards some of the brightest law students from top law schools in the U.S. with Diversity Fellowships each year. Each awarded student receives a scholarship ($10,000 for 1L students or $25,000 for 2L students) and the opportunity to clerk in one of our U.S. offices the summer following their 1L or 2L year.
Since the program launched in 2008, V&E has awarded more than 60 Fellowships, and more than a dozen former Fellows currently practice law at V&E. Applications should be submitted online.
Fellowship Eligibility Requirements
- V&E’s Diversity Fellowship application is open to all second-year law students (class of 2021), regardless of race/ethnicity, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, military service, disability, or any other characteristic or condition protected by applicable law.
- Law students must attend and be in good standing at an American Bar Association accredited law school.
- They must also possess a strong undergraduate and law school record, excellent writing skills, and a demonstrated interest in working at Vinson & Elkins, joining V&E as a Summer Associate, and advancing the firm’s Diversity & Inclusion initiatives.
- Completed online application (link at right)
- Within your application, you must indicate whether you want to apply for the Diversity Fellowship and upload your Diversity Statement.
- A brief statement (500 words or less) discussing your commitment to advancing diversity and inclusion, what diverse life experiences you have had that demonstrate your ability to persevere, and how your unique experiences will contribute to our practice of law.
A selection panel will evaluate all completed applications, conduct interviews, and announce Fellowship recipients in a timely manner.
- Senior Associate - AntitrustAustin
I’m honored to have been a V&E Diversity Fellow in 2012 and now to work at V&E. Working at V&E has provided me with opportunities to do sophisticated legal work while being a part of an inclusive culture that has enabled me to grow both professionally and personally.
- Associate - Corporate Governance & Board RepresentationDallas
I feel privileged to have received a V&E Diversity Fellowship. Since starting my career at V&E as an attorney, I have been impressed by the firm’s continued commitment to supporting diversity; V&E’s internal and external inclusion initiatives are ample proof of this, but the warm culture here reaffirms even more that V&E is fully invested in diversity.