- Our Capabilities
Why Vinson & Elkins for Midstream?
In 2022, V&E advised on 200+ midstream matters.
- Our lawyers lead midstream companies in their entire life cycle, from formation and initial growth, IPOs, acquisitions, joint ventures and divestitures, financing (in both public and private markets and including project finance), and into maturity or exit event
- Led nearly twice as many midstream energy M&A transactions as any other law firm in the last five years (according to Capital IQ)
- In the past 20 years, Vinson & Elkins has advised either the Issuer or the Underwriters in more than 210 IPOs accounting for almost 5% of all U.S. IPOs completed, one of the highest concentrations among competitive practices (according to IPO Vital Signs.) And in the last five years alone, our teams have handled approximately 80 midstream securities offering with total deal value of $58.9 billion
- Chambers-ranked as Band 1 in both Oil and Gas Energy and Projects in 2022, Vinson & Elkins has one of the most prominent Midstream Oil & Gas legal practices in the United States
- V&E’s expansive midstream practice works in close collaboration with the firm’s renowned antitrust, FERC, environmental, tax, capital markets, finance, executive compensation and benefits, labor, and intellectual property lawyers
- Worked hand in hand with our substantial midstream client base in new energy transition activities, including carbon capture, renewable power and other projects involving the Inflation Reduction Act
- Experienced ESG Team with deep subject matter knowledge that has been built to look at ESG from all angles in order to best serve our clients’ needs while operating in a rapidly and ever-evolving world of stakeholder interests and regulatory risks
Why V&E for Midstream? We Have the Experience
- Clearfork Midstream to Acquire Azure Midstream Energy, Secures Initial Capital Commitment from EnCap Flatrock MidstreamDeals & CasesJanuary 18, 2022
- Deals & CasesJanuary 10, 2023
- Deals & CasesNovember 3, 2022
- Deals & CasesSeptember 7, 2022
- Deals & CasesAugust 17, 2022
- Deals & CasesJune 17, 2022
- Deals & CasesApril 11, 2022
Why V&E for Midstream? We Share Your Goals
Powerhouse in the energy space, particularly excelling in oil and gas transactions and regulatory work.
Chambers USA, 2020 (Client Quote)
Why V&E for Midstream? We Are Recognized Amongst Our Peers
- Band 1Energy: Oil & Gas Transactions, Chambers USA, 2022
- #1Highest volume and value of energy M&A deals in the world since 2005, Dealogic
Attorney Advertising. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.