- Our Capabilities
Why Vinson & Elkins for Hydrogen?
In 2022, V&E advised on 30+ hydrogen and ammonia matters.
- Extensive history in the industrial hydrogen sector, and strong and growing low-carbon hydrogen practice. Our long history working with clients on ammonia, refining and other petrochemical development projects has afforded us deep experience with the industrial supply of hydrogen. We have easily pivoted to advising energy transition clients on projects across the hydrogen color spectrum.
- We possess deep experience in all the areas needed to develop and finance complex renewables, green hydrogen and power projects. Our work typically includes offtake agreements, FEED and EPC contracts, carbon transportation and sequestration agreements, technology licensing, feedstock supply agreements, real property and site services, and permitting strategies.
- Top-tier tax equity and tax credit practice working on multiple financing structures involving new credits for hydrogen under the Inflation Reduction Act.
- Market-leading project finance team that is actively advising clients with respect to hydrogen matters related to incentives under the Inflation Reduction Act, along with extensive experience with project financings in ammonia, petrochemicals and renewables, including with traditional project finance lenders, export credit agencies, DOE loan programs, and tax equity structures.
- Dedicated environmental team with significant experience permitting wells, pipelines and downstream facilities, as well as energy regulatory lawyers who regularly advise on state and federal regulatory matters relating to energy infrastructure.
- We are currently working with several sponsors on development of green hydrogen facilities, including the negotiation of joint venture agreements and project contracts and the submission of comments to the IRS in connection with anticipated guidance on application of the GREET Model and utilization of renewable energy credits.
- OCI to Start Construction of New World-Scale Hydrogen-Based Blue Ammonia Facility in Texas
- Hyzon Motors Announces Business Combination with Decarbonization Plus Acquisition Corporation
- Reuters: Hydrogen North America 2022
- Hydrogen’s Emerging Role in the Energy Transition
- Renewable Reboot: A Download on the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 – Clean Energy Tax Provisions
- Developing & Financing Low Carbon Hydrogen Projects
- DOE Moving Forward to Implement Significant Hydrogen Programs: Seeks Public Input
- Hydrogen Production Technology and Infrastructure Restrictions
- Project Finance and the Hydrogen Wave
Why V&E for H2? We Are Recognized Amongst Our Peers
- Band 1Projects: Power & Renewables (Transactional), Chambers USA, 2022
- Tier 1Energy: Renewable/Alternative Power, The Legal 500, 2022
Why V&E for H2? We Share Your Goals
Learn More About Our Hydrogen Practice
They are an excellent team that knows the industry, understands its client’s needs and responds accordingly.
Chambers USA 2020, Power & Renewables: Transactional (Interviewee Quote)
Why V&E for H2? We Have a Deep Bench
Attorney advertising. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.