Vinson & Elkins Welcomes Project Finance Partner Eamon Nolan in New York
Eamon Nolan has joined Vinson & Elkins as a partner based in New York, bolstering the firm’s capabilities in project finance and cross-border transactions, including in Latin America and Spain.
“Eamon’s broad international experience and exceptional transactional skills will benefit the firm’s clients in New York, Latin America and beyond,” said Scott Wulfe, V&E managing partner. “He is a perfect fit for our growing Project Finance practice, and we are excited to welcome him.”
Nolan, who joins V&E from Linklaters, regularly represents financial institutions, equity sponsors and companies in complex matters including principally project finance, together with other finance transactions such as fund finance, leveraged buyouts and acquisition finance, asset finance, loan workouts and general corporate finance. On the projects front, he advises project sponsors, investors, lenders, export credit agencies and other project participants in connection with complex energy and infrastructure transactions, including their acquisition, development, financing and divestment.
“V&E’s established reputation in project finance and energy transactions, along with its global footprint, really attracted me to the firm,” Nolan said. “I am thrilled to join such a talented group of lawyers and look forward to working with them to continue to expand the practice.”
A major player in energy and infrastructure for more than 100 years, V&E has expanded in recent years and focused its representation of private equity sponsors, infrastructure funds, developers and other investors and participants in landmark energy and infrastructure projects. In particular, the firm is working on a number of the U.S. LNG export projects being planned and with financial investment decisions that are imminent, as well as on a slew of downstream and petrochemical projects. In addition, the firm has built a leading practice representing some of the largest investors in renewable energy portfolios – including The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., TPG Sixth Street Partners, Global Atlantic Financial Group and others.
“We know Eamon well, having worked across the table from him many times, and are excited to welcome him to the firm,” said Kaam Sahely, co-head of V&E’s Energy Transactions and Projects practice group. “We are focused on growing our market leading practice and anticipate further expansion in New York and globally. Our client base is strong, and we will continue to invest in the best talent for our clients.”
Nolan’s recent matters include advising:
- the lenders on the $1.7B project financing of Altan Redes, the Mexican concessionaire for the development of Mexico’s Red Compartida project, aimed at bringing a wholesale telecommunications network to 93% of the Mexican populace
- the project sponsors in connection with the bridge and subsequent long-term financing of the Pirapora solar complex, five solar plants in Brazil which, once constructed, will be Latin America’s most powerful solar plant
- Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets in its acquisition, financing and development of a number of renewable assets, including a 396MW wind farm and over 300MW of solar projects in Mexico
- a project sponsor in connection with the bridge and long-term financing of four wind farms in Argentina
- a Brazilian construction company on over $5B in project bond and commercial financings of ultra-deep water drilling platforms and drill-ships under charter to Petrobras
Nolan, who speaks Spanish, graduated with Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Laws degrees from the University of Melbourne in Australia. He is recognized as a Rising Star by IFLR1000.
V&E’s Project and Infrastructure Finance group represents clients in the development and financing of projects located in the United States and throughout the world in a wide range of energy and infrastructure projects and transactions. The team is recognized for its work in projects and project finance across the globe by publications including Chambers USA and UK as well as Legal 500 US, UK and Latin America.
For more information, please speak with our media contacts.