Developments in Governance and Disclosure: Winter 2018
The V&E governance update provides brief summaries on recent developments with respect to corporate governance, compliance and disclosure. The Winter 2018 Governance Update includes updates on key trends in environmental, social and governance matters, evolving areas of governance risks, expectations for the 2019 annual meeting season and other hot topics.
Inside this issue:
- Takeaways from the SEC’s Roundtable and Other New SEC Rules, Guidance and Developments
- Recent SEC Enforcement Efforts Highlight Emerging Areas of Risk
- Potential Repercussions Grow for Boards Lacking Gender Diversity
- Top Investors Renew Their Commitments to ESG Engagement
- Calls for ESG Legislation, Regulation and Guidance Increase
- The SEC Remains Focused on Cyber Controls
- Cyber Snapshot: California’s “GDPR”
- The IRS Begins the Task of Addressing Section 162(m) Changes
- ISS and Glass Lewis Updates
- Compliance Snapshot: New “Gift” Rules for Aerospace and Defense
- Reminder: Has Governance Counsel Reviewed Your Voluntary Disclosures?
This information is provided by Vinson & Elkins LLP for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.