Developments in Governance and Disclosure: Summer 2019
The V&E governance update provides brief summaries on recent developments with respect to corporate governance, compliance and disclosure. The Summer 2019 Governance Update includes discussions of recent regulatory developments, trends in investors’ interest in environmental and social matters, and key reminders for reviewing risk-based disclosure.
Inside this Issue:
- Letter from the Editors: The Problem with ESG
- Seeing Other People: The Business Roundtable Reconsiders ‘Shareholders First’ Doctrine
- Shall We Dance? The SEC Continues to Flirt With Revisiting Quarterly Reporting
- ISS Launches 2019 Policy Survey, Contents Surprise No One
- The SEC Takes A Baby Step Towards Regulating Proxy Advisory Firms
- U.S. Congressional Hearing Evaluates Requiring ESG Disclosures
- You and What Army? $1.7 Trillion in ESG Investment Takes on Workplace Equity Disclosure
- SEC Proposes Principles-Based Amendments to Business and Risk Factor Disclosures
- Update on Board Diversity
- Update on Climate Change Reporting
- Litigation Update
- Reminders on Risk Factor Review and CAMs
This information is provided by Vinson & Elkins LLP for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.