SPACS: The New IPO?
Ramey Layne (MACM/HOU) was a panelist for the Museum of American Finance’s virtual panel discussion titled, “SPACs: The New IPO?” In the program, industry leaders involved in different aspects of taking companies public discussed the role of SPACs as an increasingly popular alternative to the more traditional IPO, including:
- Upcoming regulatory and legislative scrutiny
- Trends in SPAC structures (e.g. anchor investors, trust accounts, redemptions)
- Outlook in 2022 and beyond for the SPAC vs. traditional IPO path to the public markets
- Alignment of incentives among different constituencies in a SPAC
- SPACs as an investment opportunity
The panel discussion was moderated by Sonali Basak, Global Wall Street Correspondent for Bloomberg Television, and featured (see speaker bios here):
- Andrew Cohen: Founder & CIO, Difesa Capital Management
- E. Ramey Layne: Partner, Vinson & Elkins LLP
- David Panton: Managing Partner, SPAC Operations, Navigation Capital Partners, LP
- Eklavya Saraf: Global Head of Spac Listings and Managing Director of Listing Services, Nasdaq
This information is provided by Vinson & Elkins LLP for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.