Negotiation Ethics: Winning Without Selling Your Soul
845 Texas Avenue
Houston, Texas 77002
In this program, national negotiation expert Marty Latz will present a series of ethically challenging negotiation scenarios from a variety of legal negotiations and will lead a discussion/debate on each that will highlight three levels of analysis, all of which impact your reputation.
- Morality: Is it right to engage in certain behavior?
- Ethics: Is it ethical and/or legal under the Rules of Professional Conduct and the laws of your jurisdiction?
- Effectiveness: Does it work?
Interspersed with your comments will be the insights provided – on video – by veteran business executives, lawyers and politicians, including former CEO and President of Dial Corp. Mal Jozoff, former Vice President of AT&T Mary Upchurch, and former Arizona Attorney General Terry Goddard.
You also will learn in this seminar how to:
- Ethically avoid answering certain questions and sharing strategic information
- Skillfully and ethically play your leverage cards
- Use agents to insulate yourself
- Maintain objectivity and professionalism in difficult negotiations
- Solidify current and future relationships
NOTE TO PREVIOUS LATZ NEGOTIATION ETHICS PROGRAM ATTENDEES: This program involves different ethics scenarios from Marty’s 2023 program “Negotiation Ethics: Winning Ethically and Effectively,” but it does have some overlap from that program.
12:00 – 2:00 p.m. CT; 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. ET | Houston; Webcast
This information is provided by Vinson & Elkins LLP for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.