International Human Rights Legal Issues: Impact on Texas Lawyers and Their Clients
The State Bar of Texas International Law Section & International Human Rights Committee Present “International Human Rights Legal Issues: Impact on Texas Lawyers and Their Clients” on December 10, 2019. December 10 of each year is celebrated around the world as “Human Rights Day.” The State Bar of Texas created the International Human Rights Committee (IHRC) in August 2015, the first of its kind among state bars, with the goals to study legal issues related to international human rights, inform Texas lawyers of these issues, and provide guidance to these Texas lawyers.
- Edie Hofmeister, Former Executive Vice President, Corporate Affairs and General Counsel, Tahoe Resources, Inc.
- Chris Georgen, CEO & Chief Architect, Topl
- Daniel Rey, Senior Vice President, Global Downstream, Nalco Champion
- Marion Werkheiser, Managing Member, Cultural Heritage Partners
- Jennifer Hohman, Chief Information Officer & VP, Seadrill Management Ltd.
- Tom Wilson, Partner, Vinson & Elkins LLP (Moderator)
1.5 Hours of Ethics
This information is provided by Vinson & Elkins LLP for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.