FCPA Enforcement Trends Impacting the Energy Industry
Ephraim (Fry) Wernick recently joined V&E as a partner in the Government Investigations and White Collar Criminal Defense group after spending 11 years as a federal prosecutor and as Assistant Chief of the Department of Justice (DOJ’s) Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) Unit. This presentation will draw on Fry’s recent experience and will cover topics, such as:
- Recent trends in FCPA enforcement by DOJ and the SEC;
- Explanations for the recent spike in global enforcement by domestic regulators and foreign authorities;
- Lessons learned from the enforcement actions against energy companies and individuals, including very recently announced resolutions with Petrobras, PDVSA, Keppel, and Rolls-Royce;
- Modifications to DOJ’s FCPA Corporate Enforcement Policy and opportunities that could arise from DOJ’s focus on M&A deals; and
- DOJ’s updated compliance guidance.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to hear an insider’s perspective on government enforcement.
This information is provided by Vinson & Elkins LLP for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.