Vinson & Elkins' Special Situations practice leverages the firm’s global presence with a deep, talented bench of lawyers. Our client base includes private equity houses, special situations funds, hedge funds and other financial sponsors who seek Vinson & Elkins counsel to advise on their most complex and high profile transactions.
Our team routinely advise prospective purchasers, investors and lenders in various distressed asset acquisitions and investments. Our Special Situations lawyers team up with V&E lawyers with experience in specific sectors, including as to bankruptcy-related risks that may affect prospective investments, divestitures, and purchases. Our experience covers a range of sectors including traditional energy, renewables, infrastructure, commodities, retail, wholesale, manufacturing, real estate, and health care. Where necessary in certain jurisdictions, we work alongside carefully chosen advisors to provide a single and seamless legal work product.
Our global special situations practice is experienced advising buy-side investors in a broad range of transactions, including:
- Private capital debt and equity investments
- Loan and asset portfolio acquisitions and related financings
- Liquid investing and capital structure analysis
- Restructurings and bondholder committee advice
- New money financings into complex capital structures
- Private M&A and growth equity
- Joint ventures and investment platforms