V&E Named Top Shareholder Activism Defense Practice by Activist Insight for Fourth Consecutive Year
For the fourth
consecutive year, Vinson & Elkins’ Shareholder Activism Defense practice
has been recognized as the number one ranked law firm for total number of
companies defended in Activist Insight’s annual 2019 Adviser
Activist Insight has recognized V&E’s role in defending companies and their boards against 38 shareholder activism campaigns in 2019, a 26% increase over the number of campaigns defended by V&E in 2018.
Commenting on this recognition, Lawrence Elbaum, partner and co-leader of V&E’s Shareholder Activism practice based in New York, said, “this award is indicative of our constant focus on client service and relentless dedication to redefining what it means to proactively and zealously defend companies and their boards against the rising tide of shareholder activism campaigns.”
Patrick Gadson, partner-elect and co-leader of V&E’s Shareholder Activism practice, also based in New York, added, “our work begins with effective preparation and continues through proper representation throughout a campaign and beyond. We appreciate the recognition from Activist Insight and other organizations, and we look forward to extending our industry leading position through our dedication to high-level client counsel and execution.”
The award from Activist Insight comes on the heels of several recent honors for V&E’s Shareholder Activism practice, including:
- Ranked No. 1 for company representation in Refinitiv’s First Half 2019 Shareholder Activism Scorecard and The Deal’s Q3 2019 Shareholder Activism League Tables;
- Patrick Gadson Recognized as a 2019 Rising Star by The Deal;
- Recognized for two campaigns named finalists for “Deal of the Year” as part of The Deal Awards 2019 and Elbaum named finalist for “Dealmaker of the Year” as part of The Deal Awards 2019 and 2018;
- “Commended” by Financial Times for advising Continental Grain in its activism campaign with D.E. Shaw against Bunge as part of the 2019 FT Innovative Lawyers North America Report; and
- Ranked by The Legal 500 U.S. 2019, one of the largest legal referral guides, in Shareholder Activism – Advice to Boards
Comprising approximately 30 attorneys, V&E’s Shareholder Activism practice, led by Elbaum and Gadson in New York and Jeff Floyd and Steve Gill in Houston, leverages the firm’s top-tier public company, M&A, corporate governance and litigation practices, to effectively represent companies facing shareholder activism.