Public Interest Split Summer Program
As part of our Summer Associate Program, Vinson & Elkins offers a Public Interest Split opportunity to support law students who have a passion for public service. Each year, for half of the summer program, we sponsor V&E Summer Associates who work for a public interest organization located in any U.S. city where V&E has an office.
While working for the public interest organization for a maximum of six weeks, you will continue to receive the V&E weekly Summer Associate salary ($3,654 /week). We require that you spend the first half of the summer at V&E, and the second half at a public interest organization approved by the firm.
Our Summer Associates have worked with the following public interest and non-profit organizations:
- ABA Standing Committee on Law and National Security
- ARC of Texas
- Catholic Charities of Houston and Washington, DC
- Children at Risk
- The Environmental Defense Fund
- The Environmental Law Institute
- Human Rights Initiative of North Texas
- The Legal Aid Society of New York
- Lone Star Legal Aid
- Manhattan Legal Services
- MD Anderson Hospital
- The Natural Resources Defense Council
- Texas Innocence Network
- Texas Rio Grande Legal Aid
more about this year’s Public Interest award recipients here.