Home > Practices > Corporate
For over 25 years, Vinson & Elkins has counseled some of the world’s most active and sophisticated private equity funds in all aspects of their businesses, including structuring and organizing investment funds; executing acquisitions, financings, and exit transactions; and advising portfolio companies on corporate, securities, financing, and litigation matters. Leveraging the firm’s world-class reputation as a leader in the energy space, our attorneys are particularly well-versed in energy and natural resource private equity transactions.
V&E lawyers serve private equity clients on a variety of innovative strategies, including buyouts and going private transactions; acquisition finance, mezzanine finance, high-yield debt offerings and IPOs; equity line commitments (management and sponsor-side); joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, and portfolio company investments. Bolstered by V&E’s nationally-recognized tax, employee benefits, real estate, finance, environmental, regulatory, and capital markets practices, our attorneys offer seamless representation across all of the areas that are important to our private equity clients.
Recent practice highlights:
- Apollo Global Management and Riverstone Holdings in the $7.15 billion acquisition, among a consortium of investors, of El Paso’s upstream assets
- Riverstone Holdings in the $1.275 billion sale of Dynamic Offshore Resources to SandRidge Energy
- Wayzata Investment Partners in the $625 million sale by MinnTex Power Holdings, a Wayzata portfolio company, of its 1,050 megawatt, combined-cycle power plant in Guadalupe County, Texas to Calpine Corporation
- Clearlake Capital Group in the $244 million acquisition of Archer Limited's North American Rental and Tubular division, provider of equipment and services to E&P operators in land and offshore markets in the US and Mexico
- Pharos Capital Group in the acquisition of Seaside Healthcare, Inc., a behavioral health services provider
- Pine Brook Road Partners in its $400 million line of equity commitment to Elevation Resources Holdings, a newly-formed exploration and production company focused on oil and liquids resources in the Permian Basin
- Warburg Pincus as lead investor in a $600 million line of equity commitment to Delonex Energy Limited, a new East Africa-focused exploration and production company
- Austin Ventures in its acquisition of SAM, Inc., a surveying, mapping and engineering company
- The Carlyle Group in the acquisition of the North American power generation assets of Cogentrix Energy from the Goldman Sachs Group
Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
<< Back to Top